My experience as an expert witness

by Andy Burns on October 19, 2010

I was recently hired to consult in a building code violation trial.  My client’s attorney used my analysis during cross-examination to undermine the credibility of the main opposition witness. This resulted in the case being dismissed prior to the trial’s completion.

I have been asked to investigate and resolve a number of disputes before – and I can’t help being amazed each time by the carelessness of some of those in my own business.  Proper documentation counts in every part of the construction process!

Most of these cases involve such an enormous failure to follow simple rules of process and record keeping that finding the pieces of the puzzle that don’t fit is like shooting fish in a barrel. In the end it’s mostly all about credibility and in this case the opposing party had very little.  Below is a letter of recommendation I received from working on this trial.

Anyone else need any help?

View more documents from Andy Burns.

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

cellulite control 09.02.16 at 6:30 pm

Goood day! I could have sworn I’ve been to this webhsite
before but after checking through some of the post I realized it’s neww to me.

Anyhow, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and
checking back frequently!

lasertest 09.04.17 at 6:04 pm

I know this website gives quality depending articles or reviews and additional
information, is there any other website which gives these data in quality?

ultra boost 09.05.17 at 5:29 am

I definitely wanted to develop a brief message to be able to appreciate you for all the awesome strategies you are writing here. My time consuming internet investigation has finally been rewarded with professional knowledge to share with my partners. I ‘d state that that most of us website visitors actually are very much blessed to dwell in a very good place with so many lovely individuals with useful solutions. I feel very fortunate to have used your web site and look forward to some more cool moments reading here. Thanks a lot once more for all the details.

liponow funciona 09.15.17 at 9:27 am

Proveito foi muito capataz ao do LipoNow.

undercut for men with square face 09.22.17 at 9:21 am

I know this site presents quality depending posts and other data, is there any other web
site which offers these kinds of stuff in quality?

homepage 09.24.17 at 11:48 pm

Alll these characteristics of cedar transform it into a gfeat
choice also for fine furniture. The condition affects between two and three percent in the UK population which enable it to
influenbce tthe best way peoplee think and feel about themselves, alng with the way to cope with everyday life.
Thhe price varies with all the materials used as well as design in fact it is suurely
worrh every dollar you spent.

web site 09.30.17 at 1:47 am

This is a consideration which might contribute to tthe prosperity of your
business. Blockage in the arteries is liable
for many serius conditions like cardiac event or stroke and plays a part
in ann array of minor ones including fatigue, shortness of
breath, edema, and poor memory. Mainstream medicine is constantly refuse to acknowledge
that diet and health supplements cannot only help alleviate problems with heart disease
but, in Dr.

Cleta 10.03.17 at 2:17 am

Dat iѕ strafbaar. ” zeggen Ramona en Margaretha allebei.

https://plus.Google.com/+clintbutler/Posts/bgnbuh12pmo 10.14.17 at 2:19 pm

I don’t usually comment but I gotta state thanks for the
post on this geat one :D. https://plus.google.com/+ClintButler/posts/BGnbuH12PMo

Https://Photos.Google.Com/ 10.14.17 at 6:11 pm

The verry next time I read a blog, I hopoe
that it does not fail me as much as this particular one.
After all, I know it was my choie to read through, nonetheless I truly thought you’d have something
interesting to talk about. All I hear iss a bunch of whining
about something you can fix if you weren’t too busy seeking attention. https://Photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNNsEild9wenluAqSC-L_XXWkoqGw58chAXybA0i_zMznFkF8ffojm6q5hPoSvw2g?key=RUo0S3dXemFWYnItemFJS0J1blhET19NZHM3S05n

Www.Eldiariodeseadense.Com 10.16.17 at 8:59 am

wasverzachter slecht voor gezondheid 10.28.17 at 3:40 pm

Bij Etos vind je de volgende soorten condooms: normaal, speciaal en plezierverhogend.

http://www.animaescola.com.br 11.05.17 at 8:42 am

Quitoplan bloqueia a absorção de gordura pelo corpo.

homepage 11.08.17 at 5:34 am

These fats, as well as other chemicals, work as pollutants for a body.
Teeth must be brushed twice orr higher times daily for around two minutes and flossed at least one time per day.

Indeed, a classic inspired house is both remarkable and unique during these modern years.

web page 11.08.17 at 7:29 pm

These fats, and alxo other chemicals, behave as pollutants
for your body. Other than being functional, they have got recently been found inn
arrt and design through various metal sculptures annd wall arts including a metal wall grille along woth
a wrought iron wall plaque. Mainstream medicine continues to refuse
to acknowledge that diet and nutritional supplements cannot oly help prevent heart problems
but, in Dr.

website 11.10.17 at 4:56 pm

This is a consideration that might bring about the achievements your business.
Teeth muust be brushed twice oor more times each day not less than two minutes and flossed one or more times peer day.
Mainstream medicine continues to will not acknowledge that doet and vitamin supplements can’t only aid
the prevention of cardiovascular disease but, iin Dr.

website 11.10.17 at 10:05 pm

One may even consider cholesterol to become the key building
block foor arterial plaque thus keeping cholesterol cosumption under 200
milligrams or 30 % daily if a extremely important part of our plan. A polluted, malnourished stomach and intestinal tract is the perfect environment for
parasites and worms. The price varies with the materials used as well
as design and it’s also surely worth every dollar yyou spent.

Site 11.12.17 at 1:33 am

That comes from approximately 32 million contractions in only one year.
If the cardiac muscle won’t receive sufficient circulation, the result can bbe quite a cardiac event.
Indeed, a well used inspired property is both remarkable and unique over hese modern years.

site 11.12.17 at 3:13 am

One could even consider cholesterol to get the main buildin block
for arterial plaque thus keeping cholesterol consumption under 200milligrams or 30 % per day if your extremely important
portion of our plan. Teeth have to be brushed twice or maybe more times each dayy not less than two minutes
and flossed at least each day. Indeed, a classic
inspired residence is both remarkable and uique oof thesse modern years.

site 11.12.17 at 8:55 am

The simple daily rinse with peroxide (yes, that inexpensive brown bottle you choose up on the grocery
or drug store) is becoming me to the white smile I want.
If the cardiac muscfle won’t receive sufficient circulation, the actual result
could be a heart attack. There are other types of light therapy including
photochemotherapy, UVB phototherapy and narrow-band UVB therapy.

web site 11.12.17 at 8:45 pm

These fats, as well as other chemicals, become pollutants for your body.
If the cardiac muscle will not receive sufficient circulation, the effwct could be a cardiac event.

Meanwhile your boody wasn’t sensitized on the
bacterial and vireuses that started the redness
process.

homepage 11.14.17 at 11:07 pm

That comes from approximately 32 million contractions in only one year.

Blockage with the arteries is responsible for many serious cojditions for example
headt attack oor stroke and plays a part in all sorts of minor ones like fatigue, breathlessness,
edema, and poor memory. The pride varis using the materials used and
its design in fact it iss surely worth every dollar you spent.

site 11.15.17 at 8:54 am

This is a consideration that might help with thee achievements your
business. The condition affects between two and thrwe percednt off
the UK population which enable it to impact the best way
people think andd fesel about themselves, along with how you caan handle day to
day life. We have the classic tape, youu will find the self-adhesive backed
photo corner, dry picture mounting technique, wet mounting method and spray mounting technique.

Web Page 11.15.17 at 6:30 pm

One may consider cholesterol to be the key source
for arteriwl plaque thus keweping cholesterol consumption under 200
milligrams or 30 % daily iff your very important section of our plan. Other than being functional, they’vegot recently been utilized in art and
home design through various meetal sculptures and wall arts like a metal wall grille pls a wrought
iron wall plaque. We have the classic tape,
you will find the self-adhesive backed photo corner, dry
picture mounting technique, wet mounting mesthod and spray
mounting technique.

site 11.16.17 at 8:54 am

The simple daily inse with hydrogen peroxide (yes, that inexpensive brown bottle you pick up
on the grocery or drug store) becomes me on the white smile I want.
If the cardiac muscle doesn’t receve sufficient circulation, the effect is actually a cardiac event.
Mainstream medicine continues too won’t acknowledge that diet and
health supplements can’t only aid the prevention of cardiovascular
disease but, in Dr.